- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, saute rice and onion in butter until onion is tender. Stir in broth and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add peas; cover and cook 5-6 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Parmesan Peas 'n' Rice
"I served this with sweet and sour pork chops, and it was an excellent side dish. The flavor is good, without overpowering the main dish. I used whole grain brown rice, which worked just fine. It doesn't get as fluffy, so I just poured off the remaining broth when it was done."
"sorry, that was one full cup of brown rice with 2 1/2 c water."
"this is really good. I substituted with brown rice, and doubled the recipe. My husband is a hearty eater. I used a whole bunch (one bundle) of green onion. 1 can of broth and enough water to make 2 1/2 c water for the brown rice (cooks longer). I used fresh grated cheese in a package. (not the canned kind)"