Parmesan Peas ’n’ Rice are a wonderful complement for any meal. My husband, John, likes rice but isn’t crazy about peas, and I’m just the opposite. It's a great compromise!
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, saute rice and onion in butter until onion is tender. Stir in broth and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add peas; cover and cook 5-6 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Peas 'n' Rice in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p49
Reviews for Parmesan Peas 'n' Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review