Parmesan Pastry Twists
These flaky, cheesy breadsticks go nicely with many different main courses. I serve the twists in a festive napkin-lined basket for the holidays.
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, pepper and garlic. On a
- lightly floured surface, unfold one pastry sheet and brush with egg
- white. Sprinkle with a fourth of the Parmesan mixture; lightly press
- into pastry. Flip pastry sheet and repeat.
- Cut sheet into 12 strips; cut each strip in half. Twist strips
- several times; place on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining
- pastry sheet. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until golden
- brown. Yield: 4 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now