Here's an elegant and mouthwatering Parmesan Orzo, shared by Marian Platt in Sequim, Washington. The creamy cheese-flavored side dish goes with a variety of entrees and is something to celebrate with its flecks of green onions and red pimientos.—Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding onions during the
- last 2 minutes of cooking time. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the
- cream cheese, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth;
- stir in pimientos. Drain pasta; add to cream cheese mixture and toss
- to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with fat-free cream cheese and fat-free milk) equals 284 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.