Here's an elegant and mouthwatering Parmesan Orzo, shared by Marian Platt in Sequim, Washington. The creamy cheese-flavored side dish goes with a variety of entrees and is something to celebrate with its flecks of green onions and red pimientos.—Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
- 2/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding onions during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth; stir in pimientos. Drain pasta; add to cream cheese mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Orzo in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p19
Reviews for Parmesan Orzo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2011
"Interesting and different side dish from what I usually make... Will definitely have it again!"
Reviewed May. 9, 2010
"I made this on May 9, 2009 and it tastes really good. I will be making this again."