Here's an elegant and mouthwatering Parmesan Orzo, shared by Marian Platt in Sequim, Washington. The creamy cheese-flavored side dish goes with a variety of entrees and is something to celebrate with its flecks of green onions and red pimientos.—Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
- 2/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding onions during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth; stir in pimientos. Drain pasta; add to cream cheese mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Orzo in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p19
Reviews for Parmesan Orzo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2011
"Interesting and different side dish from what I usually make... Will definitely have it again!"
Reviewed May. 9, 2010
"I made this on May 9, 2009 and it tastes really good. I will be making this again."