Parmesan Onion Wedges
“I like to substitute these soft, oniony wedges for Italian bread when I serve spaghetti," writes Diane. "They're also the perfect accompaniment to soup or salad.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a small bowl, stir biscuit mix and milk just until moistened. Turn
- onto a floured surface; gently knead 6-8 times. Roll out to an
- 11-in. circle; transfer to a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Build up
- edges slightly.
- Combine the cheese, onion and mayonnaise; spread over dough. Sprinkle
- with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into
- wedges; serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 259 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 532 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.