- about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; shape into a
- loaf. Place in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. With a sharp knife,
- make three or four shallow slashes across top of loaf. Cover and let
- rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white with water; brush over loaf. Sprinkle
- with additional kosher salt. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 114 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.