Parmesan Onion Bake Recipe
- 6 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in 3 tablespoons butter until tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
- 3. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 257 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Parmesan Onion Bake
"Delicious and unusual side dish. People ask for the recipe every time I make it."