Parmesan Onion Bake Recipe
- 6 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in 3 tablespoons butter until tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
- 3. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 257 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Parmesan Onion Bake
"Delicious and unusual side dish. People ask for the recipe every time I make it."