Basil and oregano come through in every bite of these soft and tender pull-apart rolls. I think they go great with special dinners, but also make a nice addition to breakfast. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Recommended: 12 Ways to Make Monkey Bread
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano and garlic powder. In a large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, salt and 1-1/2 cups flour. Place oats in another small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring water and butter just to a boil; pour over oats. Let stand until mixture cools to 120°-130°, stirring occasionally.
- Add to flour mixture; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add egg; beat 2 minutes longer. Add 3/4 cup of herb mixture; beat until combined. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough (dough will be sticky).
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and press evenly into a greased 13x 9-in. baking pan. Using a sharp knife, cut diagonal lines 1-1/2 in. apart completely through dough. Repeat in opposite direction, creating a diamond pattern. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Brush dough with 3 tablespoons melted butter. Bake 15 minutes. Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining herb mixture. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan-Oat Pull-Aparts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p31
Reviews for Parmesan-Oat Pull-Aparts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review