MY MOTHER served noodles with cottage cheese as a main dish on many a meatless Friday.
I altered the recipe a little as a side dish, but it still makes a good main dish. I especially like to serve it with Swiss steak...the special blend of flavors makes it companionable to any meal, though.
-Elizabeth Ewan, Cleveland , Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups hot cooked thin noodles
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Additional parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter,
- parsley, basil and lemon-pepper. Stir in water; keep warm.
- In a saucepan, saute garlic in remaining butter for 1 minute or until
- golden brown.
- Place noodles in a serving bowl; top with garlic mixture. Sprinkle
- with half of the Parmesan cheese; toss lightly. Spoon cream sauce
- over noodles and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Garnish
- with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 354 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.