Parmesan Noodles Recipe
MY MOTHER served noodles with cottage cheese as a main dish on many a meatless Friday. I altered the recipe a little as a side dish, but it still makes a good main dish. I especially like to serve it with Swiss steak...the special blend of flavors makes it companionable to any meal, though. -Elizabeth Ewan, Cleveland , Ohio
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups hot cooked thin noodles
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Additional parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, parsley, basil and lemon-pepper. Stir in water; keep warm.
- In a saucepan, saute garlic in remaining butter for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Place noodles in a serving bowl; top with garlic mixture. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese; toss lightly. Spoon cream sauce over noodles and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Noodles in Reminisce January/February 1998, p49
Reviews for Parmesan Noodles(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review