Parmesan Mini Pizzas Recipe
- 1-1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the baking mix, Parmesan cheese, sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil, Italian seasoning and 1/2 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-6 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Punch dough down; divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to two 7-1/2-in. pizza pans coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork; brush with remaining oil.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas.
1 each: 419 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Mini Pizzas
"when you say "beat until smooth" are you beating by hand or with a mixer?"
"Great recipe to get kids involved in the kitchen."
"Just saw this recipe and am looking forward to trying it very soon. I have been searching for an easy pizza recipe for two and have now succeeded. Thank you"