- 1-1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the baking mix, Parmesan cheese, sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil, Italian seasoning and 1/2 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-6 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to two 7-1/2-in. pizza pans coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork; brush with remaining oil.
- Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas.
Reviews for Parmesan Mini Pizzas
Sort By :
when you say "beat until smooth" are you beating by hand or with a mixer?
Great recipe to get kids involved in the kitchen.
Just saw this recipe and am looking forward to trying it very soon. I have been searching for an easy pizza recipe for two and have now succeeded. Thank you