Parmesan Macaroni Mix Recipe
"This creamy macaroni and cheese mix is better than the kind you buy at the store," assures Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska. "The sauce is smooth, rich and so yummy!"
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 months. Yield: 5 batches (about 5 cups total).
- 2. To prepare macaroni: Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine 1 cup mix, milk, water and salt in a saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Drain macaroni; stir into sauce until evenly coated. Yield: 2-3 servings per batch.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 329 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 540 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Macaroni Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC