In Parkersburg, West Virginia, Cathy Adams uses refrigerated biscuits to make a big batch of these buttery snacks. They're handy to keep in the freezer and a snap to reheat and serve with a meal.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper; set aside.
- Cut each biscuit in half. Roll each portion into a 6-in. rope; tie in a loose knot. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown; immediately brush with the Parmesan mixture. Serve warm or freeze for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen knots: Reheat, unthawed, at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan Knots in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p44
Reviews for Parmesan Knots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review