- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper; set aside.
- Cut each biscuit in half. Roll each portion into a 6-in. rope; tie in a loose knot. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown; immediately brush with the Parmesan mixture. Serve warm or freeze for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen knots: Reheat, unthawed, at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Parmesan Knots
"I agree with xicota- the time and temp for this recipe is NOT accurate, if you follow the directions--they will be hard and burnt! 375 for 8-9 mins is GREAT! ENJOY them often. I've also substituted Pillsbury Crescent Roll refrigerated dough (one crescent piece per KNOT) and made LARGER Garlic Parmesan Knots! Excellent with Soups and chili's Mmmmm...Good Eatin! ;)"
"This is a very holesome tasting addtion to any Italian dish, or even soup. The whole family asked for more when they were all gone"
"great recipe. easy to do. tastes great.big favorite. will make them more often"
"This is a great recipe. I served them last night and many wanted the recipe. I baked them a few hours early and heated up in the oven before serving. You must make them!"
"I love this recipe but I don't cut the biscuits at all. The cheap refrigerater biscuits are kind of small any way and I use only 2 cans and re-coat them a 2nd time. I don't even brush them--I dunk the biscuits whole into the oil mix. We love them very much."