I tried coming up with a creative way to use kale, and the result was a cheesy casserole. When my husband sampled it, he absolutely loved it. Bits of summer sausage add heartiness. —Diana Johnson, Auburn, Washington
Featured In: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped summer sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen cut kale, thawed and squeezed dry (about 3 cups total)
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, combine cream, sausage and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in kale. Add bread crumbs and cheese; toss to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Kale Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Parmesan Kale Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review