In Burkeville, Texas, Shirley Sibit Rudder dresses up frozen bread dough with herbs and Parmesan cheese to create two savory home-baked loaves. Let them rise while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Featured In: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place dough in two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Thaw according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, parsley, garlic, dill and salt. Brush dough with butter; sprinkle with cheese mixture. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 2-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Parmesan Herb Loaves in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p20
Reviews for Parmesan Herb Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review