Parmesan Herb Loaf Recipe
"This moist loaf is one of my very best quick bread recipes. I like to serve slices accompanied by individual ramekins filled with extra virgin olive oil infused with herbs for dipping," says Dianne Culley of Nesbit, Mississippi.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, sugar, onion, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the sour cream, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1 minute. Shape into a round loaf; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. With kitchen scissors, cut a 1/4-in.-deep cross in top of loaf. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and Italian seasoning.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (8 servings).
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream) equals 128 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC