Parmesan Herb Loaf Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, sugar, onion, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the sour cream, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1 minute. Shape into a round loaf; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. With kitchen scissors, cut a 1/4-in.-deep cross in top of loaf. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and Italian seasoning.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (8 servings).
1 each: 128 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Herb Loaf
"WOW this is an awesome recipe. It's probably the best bread for dipping in olive oil and Italian herbs that I've ever had. And it was super easy to make. I'd give it more than five stars if I could. It does make a small loaf, as noted."
"This bread was really great I really enjoyed it. I am glad to get this recipe because you could use this as a basic recipe and use different seasonings."
"This loaf was very easy to make and very delicious. My family just loved it. One loaf is not enough for 4 people, need to make 2 loaves."
"This loaf is so easy. We absolutely loved the flavors. Just one comment though, this loaf is fairly small so if your husbands a big eater like mine consider this 2 or 3 servings not 4."