Parmesan Herb Loaf Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, sugar, onion, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the sour cream, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1 minute. Shape into a round loaf; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. With kitchen scissors, cut a 1/4-in.-deep cross in top of loaf. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (8 servings).
Reviews for Parmesan Herb Loaf
Sort By :
"WOW this is an awesome recipe. It's probably the best bread for dipping in olive oil and Italian herbs that I've ever had. And it was super easy to make. I'd give it more than five stars if I could. It does make a small loaf, as noted."
"I love this bread, it is so simple and absolutely delicious! My boyfriend requests it every time we have pasta."
"The best quick bread ever! I lost this recipe and just found it again! It is great as a side to any home made soup! Superb!"
"This bread was really great I really enjoyed it. I am glad to get this recipe because you could use this as a basic recipe and use different seasonings."
"This loaf was very easy to make and very delicious. My family just loved it. One loaf is not enough for 4 people, need to make 2 loaves."