- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
- half. Roll each piece into a 18-in. x 15-in. rectangle. Spread
- remaining butter over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. In a small
- bowl, combine first six filling ingredients; sprinkle over butter.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to
- seal and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down on two ungreased baking sheet sprinkled with
- cornmeal. With a sharp knife, make four or five slashes across top
- of each loaf; sprinkle with cornmeal. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20 to
- 25 minutes longer or until bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove
- from pans to wire racks. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 2 loaves (16
- slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 134 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.