Parmesan Ham Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham and mushrooms in butter. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat. Stir in spinach and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain pasta; stir into the ham mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 640 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,322 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Ham Pasta
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.