Parmesan Ham Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham and mushrooms in butter. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat. Stir in spinach and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain pasta; stir into the ham mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 640 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1322mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Ham Pasta
"It was good but the calories and sodium are way too much for me."
"Good, fast & easy. Needs some spices, was a bit bland. Added garlic."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.