I always keep the ingredients for this pasta dish on hand, so I can whip it up pronto. People who try it always ask for the recipe.—Nancy Ringer, Dwight, Illinois
Recommended: 40 Light-ish Recipes That Don't Skimp on Cheese
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham and mushrooms in butter. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Stir in spinach and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain pasta; stir into the ham mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Ham Pasta in Country Woman March/April 2000, p35
Reviews forParmesan Ham Pasta
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2016
"It was good but the calories and sodium are way too much for me."
Reviewed May. 17, 2011
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2009
"Good, fast & easy. Needs some spices, was a bit bland. Added garlic."