This egg dish is true to my Italian heritage. Italians make frittatas with many combinations of ingredients. I'm a creative cook, so I came up with this simple recipe based on how I remember my grandma making this dish. Even at that, I'm not sure I make it the same each time. -T. Lentini, Rogue River, Oregon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-in. broiler-proof skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in oil. Reduce heat to medium. In a bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture and ham to vegetables.
- As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are nearly set, sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Ham Frittata in Reminisce May/June 2001, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Parmesan Ham Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review