Parmesan Ham Frittata
This egg dish is true to my Italian heritage. Italians make frittatas with many combinations of ingredients. I'm a creative cook, so I came up with this simple recipe based on how I remember my grandma making this dish. Even at that, I'm not sure I make it the same each time.
-T. Lentini, Rogue River, Oregon
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-in. broiler-proof skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and
- garlic in oil. Reduce heat to medium. In a bowl, beat eggs, salt and
- pepper. Add egg mixture and ham to vegetables.
- As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are nearly set, sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4-5 in. from
- the heat for 1-2 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 each) equals 388 calories, 30 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 451 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.