Parmesan Ham Frittata Recipe
This egg dish is true to my Italian heritage. Italians make frittatas with many combinations of ingredients. I'm a creative cook, so I came up with this simple recipe based on how I remember my grandma making this dish. Even at that, I'm not sure I make it the same each time. -T. Lentini, Rogue River, Oregon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a 6-in. broiler-proof skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in oil. Reduce heat to medium. In a bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture and ham to vegetables.
- 2. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are nearly set, sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 each: 388 calories, 30g fat (8g saturated fat), 451mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Parmesan Ham Frittata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC