"I first tried this simple snack bread at an office Christmas party," recalls Marge Fisher of Arlington, Virginia. "The recipe can be increased or decreased depending on the size of your guest list. It's wonderful when made with prosciutto (thinly sliced Italian ham)," she adds.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 pound deli ham, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, ham and garlic powder until blended.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread with the cream cheese mixture. Cut into 1-1/2-in. slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan Ham Appetizers in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p13
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Parmesan Ham Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review