Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks Recipe
These tender breadsticks fill the kitchen with a tempting aroma when they are baking, and they're wonderful served warm. My family tells me I can't make them too often.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 36 pieces. Shape each piece into a 6-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- 4. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garlic salt. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 86 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC