Parmesan Garlic Bread
Dress up ordinary French bread by topping it with butter, Parmesan cheese and seasonings. It's a quick side dish that will complement the beef stew or most any meal. But don't expect leftovers...your family will have a hard time stopping at just one slice!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 small loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- In a bowl or food processor, blend butter, oil and Parmesan cheese.
- Add garlic, parsley and lemon-pepper; mix or process until smooth.
- Slice the bread on the diagonal but not all the way through, leaving
- slices attached at the bottom. Spread butter mixture on one side of
- each slice and over the top. Wrap in foil and bake at 400° for
- 15-20 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 401 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.