Parmesan Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 small loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- 1. In a bowl or food processor, blend butter, oil and Parmesan cheese. Add garlic, parsley and lemon-pepper; mix or process until smooth.
- 2. Slice the bread on the diagonal but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Spread butter mixture on one side of each slice and over the top. Wrap in foil and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 401 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.