Dress up ordinary French bread by topping it with butter, Parmesan cheese and seasonings. It's a quick side dish that will complement the beef stew or most any meal. But don't expect leftovers...your family will have a hard time stopping at just one slice!
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 small loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- In a bowl or food processor, blend butter, oil and Parmesan cheese. Add garlic, parsley and lemon-pepper; mix or process until smooth.
- Slice the bread on the diagonal but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Spread butter mixture on one side of each slice and over the top. Wrap in foil and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Garlic Bread in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1996, p1
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Parmesan Garlic Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review