"This recipe was given to me many years ago at a New Year's potluck," says Gwynne Fleener of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. "Since then, it has been a tradition to serve it at our holiday open house. The creamy mixture is always a hit."
28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the milk and cream cheese over low
- heat until cheese is melted. Stir in Parmesan cheese and garlic
- salt; cook and stir until heated through. Keep warm. Serve with
- bread cubes. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 100 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.