I wanted a healthier approach to fish sticks and developed a baked tilapia with a slightly peppery bite. My husband and sons love the crispy coating. —Candy Summerhill, Alexander, Arkansas
Featured In: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl, whisk eggs. In a third bowl, toss bread crumbs with cheese and seasoning blend.
- Cut fillets into 1-in.-wide strips. Dip fish in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in eggs, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spritz tops with cooking spray until crumbs appear moistened. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Fish Sticks in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Reviews for Parmesan Fish Sticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review