Laura Babberl of Boone, Iowa, relates, “I’m a retired nurse and do all the cooking for my sister and me. It’s difficult to come up with simple recipes for two, so I created this one. We love it!”
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and garlic powder. In another bowl, beat the egg. Place the Parmesan cheese in a third bowl. Coat chicken in flour mixture, then dip in egg and roll in cheese.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; drizzle with lemon juice. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan-Crusted Chicken in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Parmesan-Crusted Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review