Laura Babberl of Boone, Iowa, relates, “I’m a retired nurse and do all the cooking for my sister and me. It’s difficult to come up with simple recipes for two, so I created this one. We love it!”
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and garlic powder. In
- another bowl, beat the egg. Place the Parmesan cheese in a third
- bowl. Coat chicken in flour mixture, then dip in egg and roll in
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a
- shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; drizzle with
- lemon juice. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until
- juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 394 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 173 mg cholesterol, 830 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 45 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.