Parmesan-Crusted Chicken in Cream Sauce Recipe
Recipe provided by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese
TOTAL TIME: Prep Time: 15 min Total Time: 30 min YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 RITZ® Crackers, finely crushed (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons KRAFT® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1/3 cup PHILADELPHIA® Chive & Onion Cheese Spread 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese
- 3/4 pound asparagus spears, trimmed, steamed
- 1. COOK rice in 1-1/4 cups broth and 1/2 cup water as directed on package.
- 2. MEANWHILE, mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan on plate. Rinse chicken with water; gently shake off excess water. Dip chicken in crumb mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each breast. Discard any remaining crumb mixture.
- 3. HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 min. on each side or until done (165@deg;F). Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm. Add remaining broth and reduced-fat cream cheese to skillet; bring just to boil, stirring constantly. Cook 3 min. or until thickened, stirring frequently; spoon over chicken. Serve with rice and asparagus. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each equals 580 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 37 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC