Parmesan Crust Chicken
For her Parmesan Herb Chicken, Lisa Francis of Elba, Alabama coats the meat in a light crumb coating with a mild Parmesan flavor. “I don’t know where I got the recipe, but it’s something a little different…and easy to multiply when we have guests."
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a shallow dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Brush chicken
- with butter, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in an 11-in. x
- 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 355 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 444 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.