Parmesan Crust Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a shallow dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Brush chicken with butter, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 355 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 444 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.