For her Parmesan Herb Chicken, Lisa Francis of Elba, Alabama coats the meat in a light crumb coating with a mild Parmesan flavor. “I don’t know where I got the recipe, but it’s something a little different…and easy to multiply when we have guests."
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a shallow dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Brush chicken with butter, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Herb Chicken in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p11
Reviews for Parmesan Crust Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2015
"Excellent and simple. Typical Parmesan chicken coating that you can never go wrong with. I made this with boneless breasts and put them on a 15x9x1 pan so that it would get good color on it. So good!!!"
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2010
"Very Good. Gonna try it on FISH!!!"