Parmesan Cornflake Chicken
“This recipe is so delicious. I especially like it because you get that fried-chicken taste without the mess or lengthy frying time.” Claudia Ruiss - Massapequa, New York
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place butter in
- another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in cornflake
- Arrange chicken on a rack in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until
- chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 404 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 768 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.