Parmesan Cornflake Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place butter in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in cornflake mixture.
- 2. Arrange chicken on a rack in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 404 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Cornflake Chicken
"I just made this and it is awesome! I love the little crunch from the cornflakes. I will definitely make it again."
"My family loves this. It is so packed with flavor. I love the addition of parmesan in this classic recipe."
"very good flavor!"
"My husband and I liked it so much and it was so easy that I made it two nights later and sent it home with our daughter to share with her family."
"I made this for my niece and nephew (who are picky eaters) who were over for the evening. We all loved it. I omitted the butter and used an egg and 1/4 cup skim milk instead. I also cut the chicken into strips beforehand, which cut the cooking time down to 20-25 minutes. My husbands now asks me to make this quite a bit."
"This recipe is fabulous, but I have made a few adjustments. First off I soak the chicken for a bit in buttermilk rather than dipping in butter, coating still sticks and less fat. Then I cook on a rack in the pan so that the breading is crisp on the bottom, and finally I put a little extra seasoning in the crumbs - cayene pepper, cajun spices, whatever takes my fancy that night. This is delicious and easy if you grab chicken pieces from the supermarket all ready to go."
"My family really like this one. I have used it on pork Chops also. Very good that way also."
"We tried this tonight and it was delicious! Not to mention that the smell of it when it was almost done beckoned everyone into the kitchen."
"Once again, a recipe that you can't see unless you are subscribed to the magazines."