- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place butter in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in cornflake mixture.
- Arrange chicken on a rack in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Parmesan Cornflake Chicken
Sort By :
"My family loves this. It is so packed with flavor. I love the addition of parmesan in this classic recipe."
"very good flavor!"
"I used a combination of thighs and drumsticks (what I had in the freezer) and instead of dipping in melted butter, I brushed the chicken with low-fat French salad dressing. Everyone enjoyed it."
"My husband and I liked it so much and it was so easy that I made it two nights later and sent it home with our daughter to share with her family."
"I made this for my niece and nephew (who are picky eaters) who were over for the evening. We all loved it. I omitted the butter and used an egg and 1/4 cup skim milk instead. I also cut the chicken into strips beforehand, which cut the cooking time down to 20-25 minutes. My husbands now asks me to make this quite a bit."