- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place butter in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in cornflake mixture.
- Arrange chicken on a rack in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Parmesan Cornflake Chicken
"I just made this and it is awesome! I love the little crunch from the cornflakes. I will definitely make it again."
"My family loves this. It is so packed with flavor. I love the addition of parmesan in this classic recipe."
"very good flavor!"
"I used a combination of thighs and drumsticks (what I had in the freezer) and instead of dipping in melted butter, I brushed the chicken with low-fat French salad dressing. Everyone enjoyed it."
"My husband and I liked it so much and it was so easy that I made it two nights later and sent it home with our daughter to share with her family."