Parmesan Corn Chowder Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir into the vegetable mixture. Add corn and cheese. Cook 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 277 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 911mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Corn Chowder
"I agree with the other reviews. This is so tasty and easy to prepare. My hubby and I actually like the sligtly sweet taste from the creamed corn and I also add some frozen corn to the mix. I process 1 1/2-2 cups soup in the food processor then add back to the pot for extra some texture. Add chopped ham after processing. YUM"
"This is some of the best chowder I have ever eaten! I think I could eat this every week and never grow tired of it. I made it as written. easy, inexpensive, filling, and YUMMY."
"I used almond milk and subbed swiss for the Parmesan cheese. Added mushrooms"
"The cream corn made this soup a little to sweet for me. I also ended up adding a bit of hot sauce and thyme to give it some kind of taste."
"I add a tbsp of Thyme at the end - making this my favorite corn chowder. I made this all winter and will continue through summer into the fall with fresh corn!"
"My family absolutely loves this soup!!"
"I made this for a party for my first grader's class. Everyone loved it."