Parmesan-Coated Brie Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese or Brie cheese with herbs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Assorted crackers and/or fresh fruit
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine egg and water. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip Brie in egg mixture, turning to coat all sides; coat with crumb mixture. Repeat.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook Brie in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with crackers and/or fresh fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers and fruit) equals 202 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.