This is such a wonderful appetizer! Your guests will be impressed. A golden exterior gives way to warm, melty cheese, making this perfect for sliced French bread or crackers. —Karen Grant, Tulare, California
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese or Brie cheese with herbs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Assorted crackers and/or fresh fruit
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg and water. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip Brie in egg mixture, turning to coat all sides; coat with crumb mixture. Repeat.
- In a small skillet, cook Brie in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with crackers and/or fresh fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan-Coated Brie in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Parmesan-Coated Brie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review