- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese or Brie cheese with herbs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Assorted crackers and/or fresh fruit
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg and water. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip Brie in egg mixture, turning to coat all sides; coat with crumb mixture. Repeat.
- In a small skillet, cook Brie in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with crackers and/or fresh fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Parmesan-Coated Brie
Sort By :
When doing this recipe or any other that covers a round of Brie do you remove rind?
Do you suggest removing the rind first?
I love any recipe where the main ingredient is Brie or Camembert!
I don't recall ever seeing an 'appetizer' disappear as quickly as this one. Only good thing was I had the ingredients to make a second one ... bless toaster ovens.
When I made this, it was gone in a blink of an eye! I was shocked. Definately will make this again!