- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen brown and wild rice with broccoli and carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Saute mushrooms in oil in a large skillet until tender. Meanwhile, combine the cheese, mayonnaise and Italian seasoning in small bowl; set aside.
- Place frozen rice mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with mushrooms and chicken. Spread cheese mixture over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken with Mushroom Wild Rice
Sort By :
I made this for dinner tonight, and we really liked it. I used boneless/skinless chicken breast, which lengthened the cooking time slightly. I had trouble finding the correct rice mixture, so I got as close as I could. I'll be making this again. It's very tasty and the chicken is moist.
I made this recipe for my husband and my mother while she was visiting us. I made it exactly as written and it was sooo delicious! They both gave it a thumbs up. I had forgotten about it until yesterday when I went shopping and bought chicken thighs. I will be making it again tonight. The creamy topping with the chicken and rice is tasty.
I know this a grand prize winner and someone else gave it 5 stars, but I didn't like it at all. I made it exactly like the recipe says. My husband liked it better than I did. He said it was "ok."
This is fantastic and the chicken cooked perfectly. My husband thought it was restaurant quality. Excellent dish and definitely a keeper for sure!!