Parmesan Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
In winter, we see lots of snow here in the northwest mountains of North Carolina. Hearty casseroles like these are filling, warming and welcome.— Athel Wilcox, West Jefferson, North Carolina
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and cream until smooth. Stir into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in mozzarella cheese until melted. Stir in chicken and noodles.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 429 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 751mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Tetrazzini
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC