Parmesan Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and cream until smooth. Stir into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in mozzarella cheese until melted. Stir in chicken and noodles.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 429 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 751mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein .
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Tetrazzini
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.