In winter, we see lots of snow here in the northwest mountains of North Carolina. Hearty casseroles like these are filling, warming and welcome.— Athel Wilcox, West Jefferson, North Carolina
Recommended: 33 Ways to Turn Rotisserie Chicken into Dinner
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth.
- Combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and cream until smooth. Stir into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in mozzarella cheese until melted. Stir in chicken and noodles.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Tetrazzini in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p23
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Tetrazzini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review