Parmesan Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
In winter, we see lots of snow here in the northwest mountains of North Carolina. Hearty casseroles like these are filling, warming and welcome. Athel Wilcox, West Jefferson, North Carolina
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth.
- Combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and cream until smooth. Stir into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in mozzarella cheese until melted. Stir in chicken and noodles.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Tetrazzini in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p23
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Tetrazzini(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review