Parmesan Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 Italian rolls, split
- 1/3 cup marinara or other meatless pasta sauce, warmed
- 1. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, toss bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes per side. Serve in rolls with provolone cheese and sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Sandwiches
"My family cleaned their plates. I had to make this for 3 servings and it was very easy to increase quantities. I mistakenly bought mozzarella instead of provolone but I think either would be delicious. I lightly toasted the rolls with butter and garlic spread. The flavor overall was delicious. This recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner or a weekend lunch."
"Definitely a hit at my house. We will be having this again! Billie Pock, volunteer field editor"
"Tasty sandwiches. I just increased the cheese being a cheese lover! Gail Borczyk ,field editor"
"This is a very good recipe. The only thing I did different is I substituted mozzeralla cheese for the provolone cheese."
"My husband and I fell in love with these quick and easy sandwiches. We love chicken and this recipe is delicious. Be sure not to omit the marinara sauce. It gives these sandwiches a pop that takes them to a new level of flavor. Definitely a winner in our book. I’ve already added it to our meal rotation menu. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor."
"This is a great recipe. Used Kaiser rolls instead (I didnt feel like going to the store just for hoagie rolls!) and added mushrooms to the marinara. Can be a bit messy to eat but they are tasty. My husband loved em."