Parmesan Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
For a casual meal, this fast and flavorful sandwich from Sue Bosek of Whittier, California can’t be beat. The tender chicken breasts are coated with seasoned bread crumbs and smothered in marinara sauce. Served on a hoagie, it’s a real treat!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 Italian rolls, split lengthwise
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken in flour, then egg; roll in crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Layer chicken and provolone cheese on bun bottoms; spread with marinara sauce. Replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 721 calories, 30 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 210 mg cholesterol, 1,037 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 51 g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC