- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Italian rolls, split
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup marinara or other meatless pasta sauce, warmed
- Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, toss bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese.
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes per side. Serve in rolls with provolone cheese and sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Sandwiches
"Just finished these delicious sandwiches...easy to make and absolutely delectable. Used ciabatta rolls. Definitely keeper sandwiches!"
"We really enjoyed these sandwiches which were quick and easy to make. I had two really thick chicken breasts, so I cut them crosswise in thirds and didn't have to pound them too much to get them to the right thickness. That gave me the makings for six sandwiches so we are looking forward to leftovers tomorrow night. I used shredded pizza cheese that I had on hand and also used my own home-canned spaghetti sauce and homemade hamburger buns which I toasted first. Once the breaded chicken was done in the skillet, I topped the individual portions with cheese and then poured the spaghetti sauce over all and simmered for a few minutes. Very tasty, I will definitely be making these again."
"My family enjoyed eating these sandwiches. I used shredded mozzarella cheese because that's what I had on hand. The parmesan cheese gives the breading a good flavor. I think this is a great, easy recipe for someone who has never made a parmesan chicken sandwich to try."
"My family absolutely loved this sandwich. It's quick,easy, and both my two and four year old declared them a winner. Next time I'm going to toast the buns with a little garlic butter under the broiler to send this sandwich over the top!"
"This sandwich is a winner in many ways. Really quick and easy and delicious. Next time I will fry up some peppers and onions to add to the sandwich. I will make this again. Janet. VFE"
"One of our favorite Italian meals in a sandwich! My sons absolutely loved this! I also tried with un breaded chicken for a lighter version and we enjoyed that too!"
"My husband's favorite meal in a sandwich! I used thin sliced chicken breast, so no pounding, and I had enough for 4 sandwiches. I held the salt until after the chicken was fried. I topped them with the sauce, cheese and popped them under the broiler to melt it. Finished it off with a sprinkle of Italian seasoning on top. Perfection!"
"These are WONDERFUL! The family loved them and they were so simple and easy to make. I did add a little extra Parmesan because the family loves it. Will definitely make again and again!"