- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound cooked chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute the ham and garlic in oil until garlic is tender. Add the chicken, spinach, artichokes and tomato; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in the sauce and milk; bring to boil. Reduce heat. Drain pasta; stir into sauce and heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Pasta
"I was trying to find a recipe to match up with a dish that used to be served at a local cafe. (Now closed) This, with a few modifications hit the mark!! Excellent.....added a tin of canned corn, sliced carrots, sliced mushrooms and cayenne pepper and omitted the listed veggies...added the parmesan cheese to the mixture and had some extra for those who wanted to add their own at the table. Used a cup of cream in place of the milk for a creamier sauce. I always tweak recipes.......that's what makes cooking fun!!! Thanx"
"I didn't have the artichoke hearts and tomatoes on hand so I left those out and it was still fantastic. The whole family loved it, and didn't notice they were eating a veggie."
"ARGH! Thanks for this recipe!!! This is to DIE FOR!"