Parmesan Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add cream and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in grated Parmesan cheese.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- 3. Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1/2 cup sauce, and half of the ricotta mixture and chicken. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with tomatoes and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 442 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Parmesan Chicken Lasagna
"This was very tasty, and guests loved it. I would definitely add more tomatoes on the top, and also add spinach. I think that would take it up another level."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.